House Bill 5 College Preparatory Resources
College Preparatory Courses PEIMS
College Preparatory Course English Language Arts CP110100
College Preparatory Course Mathematics CP111200
College Preparatory Course ESC-20House Bill 5 created an opportunity for Alamo Colleges, UTSA and several independent school districts within ESC-20 to build a partnership to design the College Preparatory courses for English and Math, to be offered to 12th graders. In the partnership, professors and K-12 educators collaborated to determine standards, assessments, resources and professional development to offer the College Preparatory courses in the fall of 2014.
If you are interested in building a partnership with Alamo Colleges and UTSA, please use the following process:
2. Download the syllabus for College Preparatory English and College Preparatory Math to guide instruction. (Be sure to attend professional development offered through Connect20.)
3. Partnership discussions will take place quarterly each school year. Please choose district representation for the following partnership teams:
- Operational Team = District Level Decision Maker to negotiate MOU and partnership agreements
- Counseling Team = District or Campus Level Counseling Team member to support student match and course implementation.
- English Team = District or Campus English content specialist to maintain focus on professional development, calibration and curriculum/instruction collaboration with secondary and postsecondary faculty
- Math Team = District or Campus Math content specialist to maintain focus on professional development, calibration and curriculum/instruction collaboration with secondary and postsecondary faculty