TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these terms carefully before using this site.
These materials are provided by Education Service Center, Region 20 (ESC-20) as a service to our customers and may be used for informational purposes only. By using any materials from this site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions of Use, your use of this site is not authorized by ESC-20.
SCOPE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This agreement applies to the use of any resources available through the ESC-20 website, including message boards, published content, secured material, and any other services that are accessed via a link from the ESC-20 website or from a website that contains ESC-20 content.
ESC-20 copyrights and/or trademarks may be used publicly with permission only from ESC- 20. Fair use of ESC-20 graphics, photographs, text or logotypes in advertising and promotion of ESC-20 services requires proper acknowledgement. Materials on this website (including, but not limited to, documents, publications, press releases, logos, graphics, video and audio) are protected by worldwide copyright laws, trademarks, and treaty provisions. They may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without ESC-20 prior permission.
This website or other services that are accessed via a link from the ESC-20 website or from a website that contains ESC-20 content may not be used to publish, upload, download, post, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit, distribute or store any content/material that violates the intellectual property rights or privacy of any individual or group.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Users of the ESC-20 website agree to use it for lawful purposes only. This site may not be used to transmit any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, or defamatory. Content includes, but is in no way limited to content that is viewable by others on the site, comments, and artwork. Users of the ESC-20 website agree not to access other accounts without the account holder’s permission. Failure to abide by these rules is a violation of this Terms and Conditions of Use agreement.
We encourage comments about topics that we post. This site is maintained and moderated by the Communications and Business Cooperatives Director.
Our Facebook/Twitter page provides information and photos about the service center, workshops, programs, and features successes of our school districts and charter schools. The ESC-20 Facebook/Twitter content is updated daily and the page is used to relay important announcements.
POSTED COMMENTS MUST COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS:
- Comments shall be limited to the topic of a specific posting made by the Facebook page administrator. If you have an unrelated question or comment, please send those to ESC-20’s Director for Communications and Business Cooperatives.
- Comments are not allowed if they include profanity, threatening words, vulgar language, or inappropriate language or content.
- Comments are not allowed if they include specific allegations, a personal attack, or accusations about an employee, student, parent, employee, school district or charter school, community member, or the Education Service Center. Submit specific complaints regarding ESC-20 to ESC-20’s Director for Communications and Business Cooperatives.
- Comments are not allowed if they include offensive language that targets specific groups of people, such as ethnic, religious or racial groups.
- Comments are not allowed if they include spam or advertisements.
- Comments with links to other sites will be screened by the site administrator and allowed at the discretion of the site administrator.
- Photographs posted will be screened by the site administrator and removed if deemed inappropriate.
- Reporters and other persons seeking responses to questions or requests are asked to send questions to ESC-20’s Director for Communications and Business Cooperatives.
- Comments promoting or attacking electoral campaigns or candidates are not allowed, nor are comments attacking elected officials.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
The materials and software available on this website and other services that are accessed via a link from the ESC-20 website or from a website that contains ESC-20 content are provided "as is" without any express, conspicuous or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or fitness for any particular purpose. In no event shall ESC-20 or its employees be liable for any conspicuous damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, consequential or incidental damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information) arising out of the use of or inability to use the materials, even if ESC-20 has been advised of the possibility of such damages. ESC-20 further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. ESC-20 may make changes or updates to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice but is under no obligation to do so.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Linking to third party sites requires leaving ESC-20’s site. The linked sites are not under the control of ESC-20, and ESC-20 is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. ESC-20 is providing these links solely for convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of this site by ESC-20.
ESC-20’s goal is continuous access, 24 hours per day, to our website. However, there may be times when the site is unavailable due to routine maintenance. Maintenance times are selected after identifying peak usage times and avoiding being down during those periods.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
ESC-20 does not guarantee that service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Content is provided on an ‘as is,’ as available basis. ESC-20 does not guarantee that any file available for downloading is free of viruses or similar contamination or destructive features.
ESC-20 is committed to making its websites accessible to all users. It is ESC-20’s policy to ensure that new and updated content complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. We welcome comments and suggestions to improve the accessibility of our websites. If the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access the information, please report these issues to our webmaster.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
Copyright © Education Service Center, Region 20 (ESC-20)
All rights reserved.
Education Service Center, Region 20
1314 Hines Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78208-1899