- language and literacy;
- cognition and general knowledge;
- physical development and health;
- social and emotional development; and
- approaches to learning.
- family well-being and positive parent-child relationships;
- families as learners and lifelong educators;
- family engagement in transitions;
- family connections to peers and community; and
- families as advocates and leaders.
- Atascosa County - Lytle ISD
- Bandera County - Bandera ISD
- Bexar County - Alamo Heights ISD, Somerset ISD, Southside ISD, and Southwest ISD
- Medina County - Natalia ISD, Devine ISD, Medina Valley ISD, and Hondo ISD
Education Service Center, Region 20 is the Head Start grantee for Bandera and Medina County, as well as, part of Atascosa and Bexar County. The partnership model allows the district, state-supported Pre-Kindergarten programs the opportunity to offer full-day services for three and four-year-old children.
Each classroom is staffed with a degreed, certified teacher, and a full-time assistant. Family service associates support case loads of 20 to 30 families to ensure needs are met. Family service associates are trained and receive their Family Services Credential.
One of the many benefits of the partnership model is that both programs capitalize on each other's strengths, thereby providing improved quality educational services for children.
District Web Sites
Bandera ISD - www.banderaisd.net
Devine ISD - www.devineisd.org
Hondo ISD - www.hondoisd.net
Lytle ISD - www.lytleisd.org
Medina Valley ISD - www.mvisd.com
Natalia ISD - www.nataliaisd.net
Bexar County Head Start
Alamo Heights ISD - www.ahisd.net
Somerset ISD - http://sisdk12.edlioschool.com
Southside ISD - www.southsideisd.org
Southwest ISD - www.swisd.net