Information Systems Services
The Information Systems Services support workgroup at ESC-20 provides administrative software and support to enable Texas school districts and charter schools to conduct daily operations in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Our consultants provide customer support for the ASCENDER Enterprise software applications.
Our consultants work with Local Education Agencies to provide comprehensive support for all aspects of using the ASCENDER Enterprise software systems, and for PEIMS data submissions. A summary of the services and support we provide are listed on this site (see menu to the left).
- Support clients during ESC business days, 7 am - 5 pm, via telephone, email, walk-in, and remote desktop for business, student and PEIMS applications and system configuration
- Provide one-on-one support during district purchased support sessions.
- Conduct workshops and user training on business, student and PEIMS applications, data access and cyclical procedures
- Train remotely via video conference or remote desktop
- Develop and distribute workshop training materials and software reference guides
- Inform users of updates/enhancements
- Provide detailed documentation for new software prior to release to clients
- Install software and perform all database updates, maintenance, backup and recovery
- Provide installation and system configuration support to ASCENDER Enterprise clients
- Assist and/or create data extracts, queries, and reports for ASCENDER Enterprise clients
- Assist clients in identifying file or data problems and suggest methods for corrective procedures
- Provide off-site data storage and backup data center facilities for disaster recovery
- Define and design functions to modify or enhance business, student and PEIMS systems to meet user requests
- Interface with ASCENDER Enterprise programming staff to resolve database and software issues, to initiate and implement special requests from clients, and to assist with application testing
- Perform necessary follow-up for System Discrepancy Reports and special requests
- Facilitate/host user group meetings
- Provide on-call services after hours and on weekends and holidays
- Respond to Request for Proposals from districts interested in converting to ASCENDER Enterprise