Culinary Support Services
Culinary Support Services features a selection of face-to-face and online instruction for Child Nutrition staff to elevate their programs by aligning with the following goals:
- Improve student health and academic success through providing healthy, nutritious and delicious meals at schools.
- Increase student participation in Child Nutrition Programs.
- Increase community perception of meals served in schools.
- Increase production of scratch and speed-scratch meals served at local child nutrition programs.
- Provide continuing education opportunities for Child Nutrition staff in culinary techniques.
We support our schools Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) in many ways.
- Staff Culinary Training: We provide detailed culinary training to school kitchen staff to provide them with the necessary techniques, culinary knowledge and kitchen efficiency skills to elevate your CNP.
- Menu Enhancement: Our chefs work closely with the CNP to enhance your menus that promote regional preferences, taste, nutrition and seasonal variety, while introducing students to new and exciting flavors.
- Marketing your program: We help implement marketing strategies that promote your program to students, staff and parents effectively to increase student participation and parent satisfaction.
Culinary Support Services Cooperative
- Menu guidance
- Recipe enhancement
- Knife skills training
- Vegetable cookery training
- Streamlining kitchen operations
- Food quality assurance
- Special Projects
- Customer service trainings
- Transitioning from a Food Service Management Company (FSMC) to Self-Operating
- Dining room efficiencies