House Bill 5 College Preparatory Resources
Search for people on this page
College Preparatory Courses PEIMS
College Preparatory Course English Language Arts CP110100
College Preparatory Course Mathematics CP111200
College Preparatory Course ESC-20College Preparatory Course ESC-20 House Bill 5 created an opportunity for Alamo Colleges, UTSA and several independent school districts within ESC-20 to build a partnership to design the College Preparatory courses for English and Math, to be offered to 12th graders. In the partnership, professors and K-12 educators collaborated to determine standards, assessments, resources and professional development to offer the College Preparatory courses in the fall of 2014. In the fall of 2020, Texas A&M San Antonio joined the partnership. If you are interested in building a partnership with Alamo Colleges, UTSA and TAMUSA, please use the following process:
- Download Memorandum of Understanding, add your district logo, sign and return to Kristi Booth KBooth@alamo.edu and Tracy Reinen at Reinen@esc20.net. Ms. Booth will route the MOU through the Alamo Colleges to TAMUSA then to UTSA and back to Alamo Colleges who will return a fully executed document to you.
2. Download the syllabus for College Preparatory English and College Preparatory Math to guide instruction. (Be sure to attend professional development offered through Connect20.)
3. Partnership discussions will take place quarterly each school year. Please choose district representation for the following partnership teams:
- Operational Team = District Level Decision Maker to negotiate MOU and partnership agreements
- Counseling Team = District or Campus Level Counseling Team member to support student match and course implementation.
- English Team = District or Campus English content specialist to maintain focus on professional development, calibration and curriculum/instruction collaboration with secondary and postsecondary faculty
- Math Team = District or Campus Math content specialist to maintain focus on professional development, calibration and curriculum/instruction collaboration with secondary and postsecondary faculty
College Preparatory Courses CooperativeThe College and Career Readiness cooperative for the College Preparatory Partnership has updated pricing based on support of the College Preparatory Advisory Committee. The new pricing is based on is as follows:
College Preparatory Course Partnership Cooperative Pricing
|Student Enrollment||Price Per District|
Each member is entitled to unlimited participation in foundational College Preparatory Course professional development for English and Math teams. To join, please choose the “College and Career Readiness coop: College Preparatory Course Partnership” in the Commitment System.