Bexar County School Board Coalition
The book provides historical information about public education in the county starting in the 1700s. It provides the history and general information about all the Independent School Districts partially or wholly in the county, including the education data about all of the ISDs as well as economic, demographic, and education data, contrasting the data between the six largest Texas Counties.
- Chapter 1 - discusses history of public education in Bexar County from the 1700s to the 1900s
- Chapter 2 - provides the story of and data about the 20 ISDs partially or wholly in Bexar County
- Chapter 3 - provides data facts, figures and illustrations for the Bexar County ISDs
- Chapter 4 - compares and contrasts facts and figures for the six largest Texas counties.
Mission & Goals
The mission of the Bexar County School Board Coalition is to promote excellence in education for all students in Bexar County by improving the governance and collaboration among the 20 independent school districts (ISDs) wholly or partially in Bexar County, Texas.
The three major goals of the Bexar County School Board Presidents' Coalition are:
- Improve Governance
- Identify Common Legislative Priorities
- Collaborate on Areas of Commonality