Professional Learning Communities
- Focus on Learning- promote a shared vision dedicated to student learning and committed to school improvement (Reichstetter, 2006);
- Build a Collaborative Culture- operate on the premise that teamwork allows professionals to achieve more than they can alone (DuFour & Eaker, 1998); and
- Focus on Results- encourage teachers to respond to data with collective accountability and adjust classroom practices to improve student learning (White & McIntosh, 2007).
- Video: Establishing a Core Team
- Video: Opening The Black Box For Quality Implementation
Sessions offered at Education Service Center, Region 20, are available for registration at Connect20
Additionally, customized sessions are available for campuses and districts.
For more information, please contact Shannon Allen (210) 370-5481.