Facilitated Individualized Education Program (FIEP)
A facilitator supports collaboration and communication, by assisting the ARD committee with the following:
- Establishing an agenda and setting a time frame for the meeting.
- Designing a set of guidelines for the meeting.
- Guiding the group discussion to remain focused on the development of a mutually-agreed-upon IEP.
- Ensuring that each ARD committee member has an opportunity to participate.
- Resolving disagreements as they are encountered.
- Keeping the ARD committee focused on the tasks to be accomplished.
FIEP at ESC-20
- Effective Collaboration in the IEP Environment
- Conflict Resolution
- IEP Facilitator Training
Local & State Facilitation
Texas Education Agency
Division of Federal and State Education Policy
William B. Travis Building
1701 N. Congress Avenue
Austin TX 78701-1494
Fax: (512) 463-9560
The National Center on Dispute Resolution in Special Education
(CADRE's mission is to encourage the use of mediation and other collaborative strategies to resolve disagreements about special education and early intervention programs)
Education Service Center Region 13 – FIEP Online Resources
Education Service Center Region 13 – FIEP LiveBinder