Statewide Special Education Liaisons
Who We Are
The Region 20 Special Education Liaisons are part of a statewide network of special education professionals that work closely with TEA to assist districts and charters improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
Special Education Liaisons are trained in Design Thinking and the 4 Disciplines of Execution to support leaders in their continuous improvement efforts.
Whether you are addressing a challenge you have identified in your program or campus, preparing for a cyclical or targeted onsite / desk review or responding to monitoring activities, Liaisons have access to resources, training and expertise to assist you.
Special Education Continuous Improvement
Results Driven Accountability and Cyclical Review Support
- Participate in the Cyclical Review Process: Providing support as a thought partner, connecting you to experts within ESC 20, and TEA to streamline your preparation and provide the information and tools you need to be prepared for all aspects of review and monitoring.
Provide training, technical assistance, and experience to assist with Results Driven Accountability reporting, Strategic Support Plan (SSP) development and SSP training, and resources to complete the SSP.
Provide direct training and technical assistance as needed to support completion of LEA Self-Assessment and Strategic Support Plan.
Support districts and charters with non-compliance and their Corrective Action Plan related to the Special Education Complaints Process.
Self-Assessment Training & Support
- Provide Self-Assessment Training
- Assist with creating ASCEND Account
- Assist the District Leadership team to determine the diverse team members needed to complete the Self-Assessment
- Assist with developing a timeline of Self-Assessment completion for input, collaboration and review
- Provide support to district or charter to review and update current procedures and practices.
- Provide support to district or charter to improve Self-Assessment category ratings.
Special Education Program Reviews
The Special Education Program Review is intended to provide insights on either a specific area of the special education program or the program as a whole. A debrief and report outlining strengths, trends and recommendations will be provided.
Special Education Program Review Process:
- Special Education Eligibility Folder Review
- Service Log Documentation Review
- District Operating Policies and Procedures Review
- Stakeholder Interviews and Classroom Observations
- Trend Descriptions with Data Analysis
- Written Program Review provided by ESC-20